Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a lamp before...then after ♥


i found these lamps at a Goodwill during the spring, and i had a vision in my head of how i wanted them to be...i fell in love with the shades ($19.99 from Lowe's) and was just waiting for the perfect find from a thrift store or garage sale...these were $4 each


blah...yeah i know...i was originally gonna spray paint the exterior of the glass in white, when i took them down to my utility sink to clean them up a bit, and like magic! the scary country rose paint started to chip away and wash off with hot water! i was so excited...
i knew painting on the inside of the glass would make for a better finish and keep the lamps looking nice 'n shiny on the outside


i forgot to take a picture of the lamps before we started taking them apart, but there was no shade so the only thing missing from the photo were the lamp parts that we threw away (the electric stuff...ya know...that stuff) (we did buy new lamp kits so they would be silver instead of yucky brass...all together those parts cost about $20)


i ♥ damask...don't you?



i swirled leftover white paint i had from a previous project, inside the globe until it was completely covered then let it dry for 24 hrs. it needed a second coat, so i repeated that process...then spray painted the brass base white and hot glued some white cording from Joanns (like the handles you'd find on a canvas bag) in between the base and the globe...it gave it more of a completed look i think...



2 lovely new lamps...one for me...one for he
i would love to show pictures of my new master bedroom...only it's not done yet! 
in my mind it is...
in the matrix it is...
but here on earth, it's not...
but some of the projects i want to share (in the future) that we did in the room were: 
 ♥board & batten wall... 
♥fabric covered ceiling medallion & chandelier 
 ♥an amazing thrift store dresser find repainted
♥and a couple other things :)

so go buy an ugly lamp girls and make it cool :)



Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!


 The DIY Show Off 




 

7 comments:

  1. Oooo! I love your lamps. I have seen those shades at Lowes and I love how you made great lamps for a great price. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty much in love with your lamps (and you for that matter.) However.....when I asked my husband if I could have a "sister wife" he said no. Boo. I need a crafty genius to come and make my house sparkle!

    Thanks for all the GREAT ideas!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jamie,
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful makeover of your lamps. I will never look at lamps the same way again when I visit thirty stores and garage sales. I will always be thinking of what I can do to change the lamps up and make them over in style.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Jeanna. @. Dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute!

    I'm working on a blog series where people have transformed things from old to new. Would love to feature this, if that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These lamps are so pretty, I love the shades, damask looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails