Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Means Salsa...

Hello, Sisters!!

One of my favorite parts of summer is the fresh salsa that we get to make with the veggies from our garden.  My taste buds are watering already!  I thought I'd share my two favorite recipes.

SHOO PEG SALSA: (This recipe uses some store bought ingredients and some from the garden...)
1 can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1 can shoo peg corn (white corn.. drained and rinsed)
fresh diced green pepper
fresh diced onion
fresh diced red pepper
1/2 cup oil (I use olive oil... but the recipe calls for canola oil)
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp tiger sauce

Mix all ingredients together and you are DONE-O.


GRAMMIE TAMI'S fRESH SALSA:
chopped beefsteak tomatoes (if you  are making the night before use Italian Plum tomatoes-- they hold up a bit better)
chopped onions
chopped green peppers
one clove of minced garlic
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
splash of white balsamic vinegar
splash of hot sauce (add more if you like it spicy)
chopped parsley

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy! :)

*I like my salsa super spicy.. so I add chopped Jalapeños to both of these recipes-- seeds and all!  The heat is in the seeds.. so if you don't want it SUPER hot, leave them out!

**During the winter, or before the veggies in our garden are ready, I have made both of these recipes with bags of chopped veggies right from the produce section of my grocery store... and they are still delish! :)

I just LOVE salsa... if you have any favorite recipes, feel free to leave them in the comment section.





2 comments:

  1. thanks E..i really want to make salsa this year and can it.. thanks for the awesome recipes!! Mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. E, I just wrote down everything I need to buy to make the Shoo Peg Salsa, we are having company this weekend and that sounds delicious to serve! Thanks girl!! Nel ☺

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us comments because it makes us feel all fuzzy inside.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails